6.24.2011

I have a new obsession...

...and I am totally going to tell you all about it.

Ok, so, I have just completed the first season of "Game of Thrones".  For those of you unaware of the awesomeness contained in this, I will give a wildly incomplete summary:  it is a book following several noble families or folks and their fighting to rule this fantasy land.  They use trickery, and intrigue, and lots of sex, and a heaping helping of dead bodies to accomplish this goal.

 How odd that there would be bloodshed for a throne LITERALLY MADE OF SWORDS.

And it's awesome.

Now, presumably, this series will continue for a while because there are several books and George R. R. Martin keeps cranking out more.  Because I have a tendency to devote myself entirely to an obsession, I have to read the books.  Can't help it.  It's a compulsion.  Really.

Now that college is over and I no longer live in a convenient bubble where all my friends are just down a hall, I have no one to read along with me and listen to me freak out at the appropriate times and such.  This must be remedied.  So, in an attempt to share all of my geeking-outs, I am going to begin a go-along-with-my-reading blog.  In no way whatsoever do I mean this to be some sort of cheap copy of the deeply awesome and incredibly entertaining "Mark Reads" blog (which, if you have not read already, you really need to).  I mean, the man shares both my hatred of twilight and my love of Harry Potter.  He is brilliant.  But, because I am internet challenged, I could not find a way to contact him and make sure he knows I am not trying to rip him off and I give him full credit for using this read-along-blog idea before me (Mark, if for some random reason you read this, I really did try to contact you.  Please don't ban me from your site).

Anyway, I am making it a separate blog so that those who are mildly interested in Game of Thrones can follow along and those that would find it extremely difficult to care less about a random fantasy series and my reaction to it can avoid it entirely.

You guys are amazing.  I don't know why you put up with me.

But, anyway, the reading blog is called Book Freaks and the link is http://book-freaks.blogspot.com

Enjoy.

1 comment:

  1. I hear the TV show is pretty sick as well...

    ReplyDelete